Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Crazy hindu dude from my childhood has re-emerged

When I was about in Jr. High my older brother and I began to notice a bright red mustang with chrome trim and leopard print chairs. Also accoutrement with a giant monogram ed galloping horse (the ever present literary sexual symbolism is not lost on me)and large fuzzy dice hanging like described in Cake's the Race car ya ya's. Driving this magnificent motorized stead was a foreign fellow with a killer mullet and shades. Joey and I thought the man looked Indian. And lovingly referred to this harbinger of happenin car accessories as "crazy Hindu dude." (yes I realize that not all people from India are Hindu but perhaps my middle school self did not).

You may now, my dear reader, be wondering why I am telling you this tale of the crazy hindu dude. Because the crazy hindu dude has resurfaced almost a decade later! He goes to my gym. I have been working out on a fairly regular basis and have been pleased to re discover this guy. His car is still in pristine form and has added a Philipino flag. So he appears not to be Indian or hindu but Philipino. I am not aware of what particular religion dominates in the Philippines so I won't presumed to call him crazy budhist dude or crazy christian dude or anything. I am pleased to report that he is still sporting the killer mullet and is fond of basketball. As I was exiting the gym I saw him spinning a basketball on his finger and looked directly at me as if to say, "yeah, I'm crazy hindu dude from your past. and I haven't changed a bit. I'm keeping real. Spinning basketball's on my fingers and rockin the mullet. I'm a high fivin, mustang drivin, mullet man. In yo face, Mike!"

TOPEKA ATTORNEY

Character Education

1 comment:

  1. I know I am late on this comment... about a year actually, but i also had this same revelation! Phillipinos are predominantly catholic I believe as well. You and I should befriend this phillipino if for no other reason than to ride in the glorious stang. CHALLENGE ISSUED!

    ReplyDelete