Thursday, October 29, 2009

Upon losing all faith in humanity

Recently I was stopped at a red light with Elizabeth. At the intersection there was quite a bit of construction so that the lane to my right was closed. This presented a mild difficulty for the people turning left onto the road which I was traveling on. Apparently so much so that instead of turning into the correct place they actually turned in the turn lane going in the opposite direction. Whats amazing is that they didn't actually realize there mistake until they were face to face with an oncoming car and nowhere to turn because to their left were cones and to their right was torn up concrete. Beyond that torn up concrete (and just a single lane further to their right) was the correct westbound lane. What is particularly amazing to me about this is that not 1 but 2 other cars followed the first guy into the incorrect lane. This is about when I discovered that humans are lemmings. I really wish I could have witnessed how this situation resolved itself but alas my light was green and I too had to blindly follow the car in front of me. My leader did not go off any cliffs (continuing with the lemming metaphor) but he did have a delightful bumper sticker which stated plainly and defiantly, "what the f*ck are you looking at."

(sigh)

Now I haven't actually lost all faith in humanity. But really. Not a great showing lately guys. (lets segway into a pep talk for humanity)... just kidding... but seriously. Maybe something like, "lets get out there and shows those condescending squirrels what we've got. With their judgmental little eyes and their tree top homes. Well we have it pretty good too squirrels . . . heh (indecipherable grumbles) squirrels . . . . "

This post has taken a turn for the weird and with that I am done.

TOPEKA ATTORNEY

CHARACTER EDUCATION KANSAS

4 comments:

  1. If anyone ever cared to look at it here is my old blog. I posted on and off all the way through undergrad. Some of it is pretty lame. (As is this blog) but some of it is funny.

    MY OTHER BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely took a weird turn there.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most humans are not only lemmings, but often they are also disasterously condescending about it~

    Break out from the pack: Think for yourself and be a nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite... Post.... Ever..... period. (do I have to type period if there is already a period?)

    ReplyDelete